List the new features added in .NET Framework 4.0
According to Microsoft, the following are the new features that are added in .NET Framework 4.0. One of the primary things is the improved security in the .NET.
- Security Changes
- Application Compatibility and Deployment
- Core New Features and Improvements
- Managed Extensibility Framework
- Parallel Computing
- Windows Communication Foundation
- Windows Workflow Foundation
- New namespaces, new types, and new members added to existing types
These two are optional updates to .NET Framework 4.0, which are also available for those that want it.
- Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1), which includes an update to the .NET Framework 4.
- Update 4.0.3 for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 and earlier updates, which include several enhancements for the .NET Framework.