What would you check if there is no sound from your computer?
There are times when there is no sound coming from the computer. Here are the steps one should check to diagnose the reason why.
The first steps should always be to check the obvious:
- Check mute is not turned on
- Check the speakers are plugged into the computer
- Ensure that the speakers are powered on
- Ensure that the volume button isn’t turned accidently down
If none of those are the problem then:
- Check that the correct sound device is selected
- Check that the sound card was detected properly
- Update the software driver
- Check that the sound card is working
If still no sound, then either the speakers are faulty or the sound card is. Check both against different systems.