What are the key features or characteristics of C language?
C is one of the most popular programming language in the world. It is generally considered to be one of the original programming language as most of the other programming languages can be traced back to it.
These are the key features or characteristics of C language:
- is a general purpose programming language
- is a middle level language, which means it combines the features of high level language with the functionality of an assembly language
- is a structured programming language
- is simple and easy to use
- has a vast collection of keywords, operators, built-in functions and data types
- is portable and can be used in different environments
- can be used as an interface to other more visual languages
- is a very flexible
- is fast
- is modular, i.e. can be divided into small modules
- is easily available
- is easy to debug, as it detects syntax errors quickly and easily and displays the errors along with the line numbers of the code and the error message