What are the properties of XMLHttpRequest?
XMLHttpRequest is used to transfer data between a web browser and server. Here are its properties:
- Onreadystatechange: This property calls a function on every state change.
- ready state: This property holds the status of XMLHttpRequest.
0: The request is not initialized
1: The server connection has been established
2: The request has been received
3: The request is in process
4: The request is completed
- responseText: It returns the response as a string.
- response XML: It returns the response as a XML document. This should be used if you need to return multiple values from your AJAX request.
- Status: Returns the status-number of the request from server such as 200 for “OK” or 404 for “Not Found”.
- status Text: Returns the status as text instead of number such as “OK” or “Not Found”.