What are the disadvantages of AJAX?
Ajax is a widely used web development technique. Hence, like everything else it has a set of advantages and disadvantages. The following are a set of disadvantages of AJAX:
- Is more complex than building classic web application
- Can increase design and development time
- It has certain security issues
- Source code is easily human readable
- All files are downloaded at client side, is a security issue
- It is difficult to debug
- It increases the size of the requests
- Has a slow and unreliable network connection
- Has a problem with browser back button when using AJAX enabled pages
- Search Engine like Google cannot index AJAX pages.
- Can only use it to access information from the host that served the initial page
- Not possible to display information from another server