What are the advantages of AJAX?
Ajax is a widely used web development technique. Hence, like everything else it has a set of advantages and disadvantages. The following are a set of advantages of AJAX:
- Has a quick response rate
- Fast retrieval of data, so increases performance and speed
- Reduces the traffic travels between the client and the server.
- Effectively utilizes bandwidth
- Saves memory when the data is fetched from the same page
- User is not blocked until data is retrieved from the server
- Can be used with JSON as an alternative to XML
- Can use Firefox browser with an add-on called as Firebug to debug all Ajax calls
- Communicates over HTTP Protocol